If you just need to publish – yes. That’s all we charge for one business name and one registrant. Our price includes publishing your dba or fbn (fictitious business name) for the required four weeks, sending you a copy when it runs and filing a proof of publication affidavit with LA County after your ad has run.
WHAT IF I ALSO NEED TO FILE?
Los Angeles County charges $26 for the first Fictitious Business Name and one registrant and $5 for each additional business name and/or registrant. If you want us to file on your behalf, we charge an additional $20 stand in line for you, plus the county filing fee.
WHAT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL BUSINESS NAMES AND/OR REGISTRANTS?
LA County charges $5 to FILE each additional business names and/or registrants on the SAME filing, and we charge $3 to PUBLISH each additional business names and/or registrants on the SAME filing.
SO WHAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE?
Publishing only (one business name/one registrant) $30
Filing and publishing (one business name/one registrant): $76
Additional names/registrants (on the same filing): $5 each to file; $3 each to publish.
HOW DO YOUR PRICES COMPARE?
Check our competitors websites - PLEASE! They will charge you $100 and up to file and publish. We charge just $76.
I NEED TO FILE AND PUBLISH. WHERE DO I START?
1. The following steps are designed to make the County’s complicated process as simple as possible, however, recent changes in the County’s requirements for dba/fbn filing have made the process confusing and about 40% of applications are being rejected, usually due to mistakes in the section asking registrants to list their title. To avoid mistakes that will waste your valuable time, please follow the steps below carefully:
2. Visit the County website HERE and scroll down to the section marked “Samples”. Download whichever corporate structure applies to your new business and follow their guidelines when completing the application via the County portal, (section 3, below) especially for the ‘Title” section opposite the Signature Section
3. Access the county’s online portal to pre-register your new business name. Click HERE and choose the option which applies to you. (A separate window will open in your browser, please click back and forth between that window and this one to follow steps 4, 5 and 6).
4. Follow the screen prompts to complete the form. Press ‘submit’. When you see your completed form with a ‘bar code’ and five digit number in the top right hand corner, print the document out. Included with your application you will also see an Affidavit of Identity. Effective March 1st 2014 the county NO LONGER REQUIRES this to be included with your application, IF WE ARE FILING ON YOUR BEHALF. Please disregard it, but make sure to include the authorized agent form (see section 6, below). If, however, you are planning to mail your application directly to the County Registrar, and to not use our services, you WILL need to include the notarized Affidavit of Identity.
5. Sign your dba application (Black ink only)
6. Download the authorized agent form HERE. This informs the county you have authorized us to file on your behalf. Please complete only the BOTTOM section of the document marked ‘to be completed by the registrant’, put your name, the date and signature where indicated. (Black ink only). We will complete the rest of the form at the time of filing.
7. IF THE REGISTRANT IS A CORPORATION, LLC or LLP, please read the following: (if not, skip to section 6). LA County requires that if the registrant is a corporation, limited liability company or limited liability partnership, an original certificate of Status issued by the California Secretary of State (SOS) be attached. A current print out from the SOS website (http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/) is also acceptable.
8. If you would like us to proof-read your documents before mailing them in to us – and potentially saving you days of wasted time if your form is incorrectly completed, please email them to: editor@british-weekly with ‘please proof read’ in the subject line. We will respond within 24 hours.
9. ENSURE no part of the document is cut off. On some browsers, the document will be cut off either at the left marging or along the top by your printer. This will render the document unacceptable the County. If necessary, reduce print size to 98 or 97% to ensure all sections are completely printed, especially the city in which the business is located, and the temporary file number at the top of the page. Also DO NOT WRITE on the document apart from your signature. No phone numbers, arrows, or other notations.i
10. MAIL your documents – the dba application and the authorized agent form (plus the SOS printout if applicable) – to: British Weekly, 171 Pier Ave. Ste. 121, Santa Monica CA 90405. Please do NOT fax or email original applications. LA County will not accept them.
11. PAYMENT: either include a check made payable to British Weekly for $76 (for one business name and one registrant), OR click the paypal link above, OR call our office with your credit card details.
12. CONTACT INFO: in case we need to reach you, PLEASE enclose post-it note or business card with your phone number
I’VE ALREADY FILED. I ONLY NEED PUBLISHING. HOW DO I GET MY PAPERWORK TO YOU?
1. Fax it to (310) 564-0383
2. email it (in pdf/jpg format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: our deadline for Saturday’s paper is Tuesday at Noon. Space permitting, we MAY be able to accept documents for which the County’s 30-day deadline is close to expiration after our deadline (up until Thursday at 3pm) subject to an additional $20 rush charge.
Because we are a newspaper, we receive a huge amount of spam each day. If you do NOT receive a confirmation from us within 24 hours, PLEASE call our offices at 310 452 2621.
HOW DO I PAY YOU?
1. Click the “Pay Now with Paypal” option at the top of the page.
2. Call us with your credit card details at our Santa Monica Office: (310) 452-2621 or our Norwalk location (562) 682 3303.
Or mail a check to: British Weekly, 171 Pier Ave. #121, Santa Monica Ca 90405.
(For Norwalk clients, to insure that you are provided with the expert service you are expecting, please CALL AHEAD and ask for Mirelle Woolf, our new business specialist).
All filings will be published exclusively in the British Weekly, which is on the L.A. County list of approved, adjudicated newspapers.
Questions? Call us at 310/452-2621 OR 562/682-3303