If you just need to publish – yes. That’s all we charge for one business name and one registrant. Our price includes publishing your dba or fbn (fictitious business name) for the required four weeks, sending you a copy when it runs and filing a proof of publication affidavit with LA County after your ad has run.
WHAT IF I ALSO NEED TO FILE?
Los Angeles County charges $26 for the first Fictitious Business Name and one registrant and $5 for each additional business name and/or registrant. If you want us to file on your behalf, we charge an additional $25 stand in line for you, plus the county filing fee.
WHAT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL BUSINESS NAMES AND/OR REGISTRANTS?
LA County charges $5 to FILE each additional business names and/or registrants on the SAME filing, and we charge $5 to PUBLISH each additional business names and/or registrants on the SAME filing.
SO WHAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE?
Publishing only (one business name/one registrant) $30
Filing and publishing (one business name/one registrant): $81
Additional names/registrants (on the same filing): $5 each to file; $5 each to publish.
HOW DO YOUR PRICES COMPARE?
Check our competitors websites – PLEASE! They will charge you $120 and up to file and publish. We charge just $81.
I’VE ALREADY FILED. I ONLY NEED PUBLISHING. HOW DO I GET MY PAPERWORK TO YOU?
1. Fax it to (310) 564-0383
2. email it (in pdf/jpg format) to: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: please ensure your document is at least 200kb in size – the medium or large setting on your phone – otherwise it will be illegible, leading to delays in processing.
Please note: our deadline for Saturday’s paper is Tuesday at Noon Pacific Standard Time. Depending on volume, we MAY be able to accommodate post-deadline filings until Thursday at Noon subject to an additional $20 rush fee.
Because we are a newspaper, we receive a huge amount of spam each day. If you do NOT receive a confirmation from us within 24 hours, PLEASE call our offices at 310 452 2621.
HOW DO I PAY YOU?
1. Click the “Pay Now with Paypal” option at the top of the page.
2. Call us with your credit card details at our Santa Monica Office: (310) 452-2621 or our Norwalk location (562) 682 3303.
Or mail a check to: British Weekly, 171 Pier Ave. #121, Santa Monica Ca 90405.
I NEED TO FILE AND PUBLISH. WHERE DO I START?
Please click HERE to download the dba application form. It is a pdf and comes bundled with an affidavit of identity and an authorized agent form. Before submitting your form, educate yourself about the format LA County requires – especially what your TITLE should be. Visit the County website HERE and click on the option that applies to you in the examples section. Save whichever business structure example applies to your new business and follow their guidelines when completing the application.
Please do the following: Print out the dba application form, complete it in BLACK INK and sign it. If you make a mistake you MUST start over. The County WILL NOT accept documents with white-out or crossings out. You then MUST get the attached Affidavit of Identity notarized. You will also need to complete the authorized agent form (bottom section only, titled ‘to be completed by the registrant’).
To avoid delays, please avoid these common mistakes:
1. Please make sure that the signer’s name is EXACTLY the same on three documents. If the notary has certified your name as John P. Smith, then the name of the registrant at the top of the affidavit of identity must also be John P. Smith, as must the name on the authorized agent form and the name of the signer on the dba application itself. However, if the registrant is a corporation or LLC, please remember that on the dba application only, the registrant must be the name of the corporation or LLC.
2. No colored paper or card stock. Regular white paper only.
3. No hole punches or staples
4. Do not alter or deface the document in any way
5. Make sure the back of your paperwork is blank. Do not print on the other side of previously printed documents.
6. Did you include a way for us to reach you? Please include a Post-It note with your phone number or email address in case we need to contact you. Do not write this information on the application!
DO YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL BUSINESS NAMES OR REGISTRANTS?
If you have more than two business names or more than four registrants, you’ll need to add those on a separate sheet (download below)
NEED TO ADD YOUR CORPORATION’S CERTIFICATE OF GOOD STANDING? Click HERE
Mail the forms to us and we’ll file on your behalf. We file in Norwalk every day and your publication will begin in our next available edition. We publish every Thursday. It’s as simple as that!
What’s Your Mailing Address?
Send to: Mirelle Woolf, 13800 Annandale Drive #40K, Seal Beach CA 90740-5520. FedEx or UPS is fine but please DO NOT send us registered mail. It will delay processing by at least a week.
Can I email or fax the form to you?
Not if you need it filed. LA County will ONLY accept ORIGINAL signed copies.
HOW DO I PAY YOU?
Call us for payment at the following numbers: (Santa Monica) 310/452-2621 or (Norwalk) 562/ 682-3303.
Go to our Buy Now with Paypal page
Enclose a check with your paperwork made payable to the British Weekly. The price is $81 to file and publish a document with one business name and one registrant. Add $10 for each additional business name and/or registrant on the SAME filing.
(For Norwalk clients, to insure that you are provided with the expert service you are expecting, please CALL AHEAD and ask for Mirelle Woolf, our new business specialist).
All filings will be published exclusively in the British Weekly, which is on the L.A. County list of approved, adjudicated newspapers.
Questions? Call us at 310/452-2621 OR 562/682-3303